Bosch dishwasher heat pump fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect this is quite a common issue in hard water areas.
My 3 year old Bosch tripped the RCD last week and once I had the heat pump out and dissembled, I can see that a track on the element has burnt out. It's just where there is a build up of scale on the inside of the element. I imagine the scale created a hot spot and eventually blew the track.
The element is an interesting design, but I suspect designed to fail eventually. It's a short tube of metal with the element circuit printed on the outside. It's rated at 2Kw and I imagine it only survives because the volume of water pumped across the inner surface is enough to keep it cool.
The element is protected from moisture by two rubber seals at each end.
Bosch say to use softener salt, which I do. Maybe I need to up the dosage for our water here.

Anyways, new pump on order from Bosch (same price as the spares shops online) for £80. It's a slight hassle to get it out, but not impossible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back