Bosch dishwasher... motor brushes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a Bosch SGS43A12GB/27 dishwasher that has suddenly stopped working. At the begining of the cycle, it makes a loud noise, and nothing else. I've taken the side off to reveal the motor, and it appears to be stalling/running very lowly and erratically. However, the motor itself seems free to turn.

Could the motor brushes need replacing? Or would it be something more serious?

There are no warning messages on the display.

Appreciate any thoughts, as it is stuck in the middle of the kitchen with the side off!

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Dishwasher motors don't have carbon brushes.
Your motor does have a 2.5uf capacitor and start relay fitted, if either malfunctions the motor will not run correctly...or refuse run at all. The "loud screech" you heard could be a mechanical issue with the motor impellor, but since you say the motor runs freely this seems a little odd. Take the motor into your local domestic appliance workshop & ask them to test it. The capacitor & start relay are low cost replaceable parts, but if the motor windings have failed then it may get expensive.

Thanks for the advice, Zipper.

Decided that it seems a right PITA to get to the motor, or to any of the workings in the base, (how do you guys do it??) and that it would probably leak after I re-assembled it anyway! So have ordered a new dishwasher from John Lewis; got 8 years out of the old one so not too bad.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back