Red tap on Bosch Dishwasher display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a Integrated Bosch dishwasher SHV55M03Gb/70 and a red tap has suddenly appeared on the display.
It sounds different doesn't seem to be filling correctly.
When starting the cycle it does start to fill the dishwasher leaving an inch of water in the bottom.
I disconnected the drain into a bucket a bit water came out.
It seems to be stuck and the minutes on the display don't decrease.
Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
No

When starting the cycle it does start to fill the dishwasher leaving 4 inches in the bottom and sounds like its draining slightly
Also noticed arms are not moving and any dishes are not getter wet.
Set it away on a prewash cycle(18mins) and after opening door after 20mins still on 18mins on display and red tap appears.
Can reset dishwasher to 0mins and it pumps all water out and beeps ending cycle.

If it had 4" of water above the filter plate then your kitchen would be be very damp by now...do you mean 4" of water from the base of the sump? A "red tap" can amongst other things mean a leak on the baseplate (but then you would hear the drain pump running), faulty impellor jug, closed water supply, faulty aquastop, blocked inlet filter, or the aquastop isn't getting voltage from the pcb. A process of elimination...

Sponsored Links
Yes I mean 4" of water from the base of the sump, no water comes out if the machine, a couple of cms of water in the base, sounds like it fills then drain pump kick in for a few seconds then goes off then drains for a few seconds again.
Just fills the base with water and the arms dont rotate or wet anything.

Checked water inlet and getting good supply, removed filter above aquastop all clean.
Drain pump does work if I reset.

Thanks

Where is it located?
Is it on the left side and do I need to take the left hand side panel off?

Yes LH side panel needs to come off, you'll see it directly below the brake tank. While you're changing it check the matrix & transfer hose for signs of blockages. Plenty of posts on here describing how to do this, use the search function & type in matrix or transfer hose.

Many thanks Zipper, spot on with your diagnosis. Read this yeterday afternoon, ordered from espares, fitted n fixed today.
May the force be with you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back