Bosch dishwasher not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for looking in i've got Bosch dishwasher exxcel auto option,it lights up makes loads of noise but for some reason it just won't fill with water.Just had a mess with this,i've taken the filter out of the bottom and put the waste pipe into a bucket.I turned it on and poured water into the bottom which was then drained into the bucket without any problems.I took the water inlet pipe off and pointed that into the bucket and turned the tap on again and this fired the water into the bucket without any problems.So there seems to be a problem between the water inlet and where it comes out into the dishwasher

Sponsored Links
No one knows the answer.
There's not a lot of information to go on and there's no model number to look up the machine.
Not taking in water could be anything from broken wiring to a faulty pcb.

Sponsored Links
If you hear a constant hum from the pump, it could be that water has collected in the bottom of the chassis. I think there's a safety mechanism that activates the pump in that case. Try tilting the dishwasher forward (careful - door may open!) and see if any water drips out - have a mop or towel ready. If it does, chances are that there is a leak somewhere that needs fixing. However, depending on the severity of the leak, you may able to put the dishwasher back and it may work for another little while longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back