Bosch Dishwasher Not cleaning

Thanks for all the useful info on here, folks.

I found the water matrix fairly easy to descale; the much bigger problem was the fat/grease, especially on the valve. Then I found some bicarb of soda in the cupboard; flushed in, using a funnel, with hot water it cleared it pretty quickly, with a lot of shaking.

THe pressure chamber was similarly easy to clean, I took a photo of course so I could remember how the red spindle, and little black plastic lever fitted. I found the right hand hose quite easy to detach - I removed the white plastic kick panel at the font (via the black screws in the fluted corner plastic pieces) but that probably wasn't necessary; once you've removed the float chamber, a good firm, consistent tug will remove the hose.

Water matrix: the top valves had completely seized up.Now they're clear.

Float chamber: I cleaned this, then took it out again to clear the right hand hose, which you can see is brown, and was almost completely blocked.

IMPORTANT NOTE: after competing the cleaning I found water wasn't being flushed through. I checked inlet hoses etc... before I realised I needed to RESET the machine logic, in the case of my machine by pressing buttons 1 and 3 simultaneously.

On my machine, I replaced the heater relay too - that £4 repair, plus cleaning the section, was all I need to do. ANd the repairman had told me the machine wasn't worth repairing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back