Bosch dishwasher not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 3 month old Bosch dishwasher Exxcel (silver coloured model) cost about £350 new.

Its not draining. Had the filters out and the cover off the top of the pump and nothings clogging it up.

According to the manual, although obviously its under warranty, Bosch won't fix it free is it is deemed the customer could have sorted it themselves through "normal" maintainance.

From reading the manual, I think we've done all we can and its still not draining. Before I ring Bosch to get them out, is there anything obvious I've missed????

Sponsored Links
Although our dishwasher is an indesit we had exactly the same problem.
Just 1 week after the warranty ended. :evil:
We called out a local 'repairman' who said it was a known design fault on our model and the only way out of it was to pay too much money (ie uneconomical to fix)
The only way around it (as shown by the repairer) was to physically turn the d/w on its side then upside down and let all remaining water out.(usually about every 6 months)
I would still say you should contact whoever you bought it from and insist they fix it as it is clearly still under warranty,mention the sale of goods act whilst at it as this normally gets them to backtrack!

Thanks! Don't think I'll be doing that with it :eek:

Been on to Service Centre (Currys) and its 14 days until an engineer an come out which seems pretty poor service really. It could have been the cooker or freezer; at least we can wash up by hand. I've moaned like hell and they say they'll be getting back to me, I won't hold me breath.......

Hi, seem like we have the same problem, although it will drain but not realise when it has finished draining. it is an exxcel same as yours. We can fix it by tipping it forward and draining the last bit of water out then it runs fine. You mention removing the pump cover.....where is that and what should I expect to find. Also as an aside. I connected ours to the cold feed but as I no longer have the manuals and can't remember , is this correct or can I connect it to the HOT feed.

Thanks in advance
Pete

Sponsored Links
HI,

To get to the pump area, look inside in the bottom of the machine. Remove the spray arm, the metal gauze filters that lift out, then undo the torx type small bolt holding a plastic section down. Lift this section out and you'll see the pump impellor thing. I imagine that this can block up with food waste and stop it going round and hence stop pumping properly.

I'm only quoting from the manual though and have no real knowledge of this stuff. Theres one feed to our machine, a cold one.

Still waiting for the engineer to come out on the 14 jan. I'm assuming cos of the lack of response to this thread that theres nothing else I can check as a householder and therefore any fix will be FOC. Well, I hope so!

yes do the above. proberly a bit of glass stuck in the pump blade.
90% of the time its glass or a pip from a orange or something. bit late as they are coming today but just in case they dont turn up..
i do work for currys and they are so slow. thought getting better in our area as im incharge of jobs.

good luck.

Ta for the advice. Its very embarrasing to report that the waste pipe was kinked and flattened where it was coming through the side of the cupboard unit. Wasn't kinked when I threaded it through, but then I don't suppose it would have been :oops: :oops:

The engineer was great. He said to my wife he should be charging for the call out as its our fault but he would let us off.

I said to my missus, did you give him a drink, she said what do you mean!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back