bosch dishwasher not draining

This thread has been extremely helpful to me.
My dishwasher has not been draining so I removed the small cover and found an elatsic band wound around the drain pump impellor (the small wheel) but although I tried my best to free the elastic band some of it must still be wound around in the inside where I cannot get to and the wheel is pretty much jammed.
Please, is there any way I can get to the other side of where the wheel is to removed the elastic band? I have got so close to sorting the problem myself and really dont have the money to get someone in to remove the piece of band.
As I know that this is the problem I just wonder if anyone can tell me how to sort this.
Many thanks in advance :eek:)

Sponsored Links
Does the impellor flick round in 1/4 turn jerks as this is how it should behave.

You can remove the pump but it isnt that easy.

You will need to remove the bottom kick plate and metal coverplate
usually the wiring harness plastic holder clips on the edge(left side)and should be prised away to totally remove the coverplate.

The pump should be bayonet mounted and you should be able to rotate it a quarter turn after pushing a locking tab back towards the sump.

Fiddily but can be done.....

Does the impellor flick round in 1/4 turn jerks as this is how it should behave.

You can remove the pump but it isnt that easy.

You will need to remove the bottom kick plate and metal coverplate
usually the wiring harness plastic holder clips on the edge(left side)and should be prised away to totally remove the coverplate.

The pump should be bayonet mounted and you should be able to rotate it a quarter turn after pushing a locking tab back towards the sump.

Fiddily but can be done.....

Maybe it isn't jammed then! When I try to rotate it it does feel very stiff, which led me to believe that the rubber band is still twisted around the other side of the impellor that I can't get to!

I have tried running a cycle, this time it did drain and the 'check water' light did not come on! PHEW!

I am hoping this means it will now be ok but if it does happen again I'll give your advice a go....always up for a challenge! :)

Thank you very much cjapeterborough
from a very happy laydee! ;)

Wow - just had e25 and thought I'd need a call out. Pulled out the machine and gave it a shake like was suggested on here and it's running perfectly!! The simple things...

:eek:

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help all.

Mine wouldn't pump out any water. Took it apart, bailed out the water and discovered a star wars lego blaster blocking the impeller. Will have to remind my 6 year old Luke Skywalker not to let his blaster near the dishwasher.

A tip though, once it is unblocked, all the pieces need to be totally reinstalled for it to pump the water out. I tried running it a few times without everything in place and whilst the pump would run, nothing would pump out.

Model SGS65M08AU

My dishwasher is only a few months old and to my dismay it stopped draining this weekend. Checked the filter and the impellor but they all seemed ok. After reading thru these posts I checked the hoses for kinks.
The "check water" was still coming on halfway thru cycle. I decided to check the plastic pipe where the dishwasher outlet connects and found this was the problem. The original plumber has been sloppy and because the hole edges were rough it collected every piece of gunk until finally it was virtually blocked up. Maybe this might help someone else? cheers

Under the sink you will have the drain pipe

Remove drain pipe
with the dishwhaser open and if you have a garden hose long enough
place garden hose at the end of drain pipe have another person turn on tap slowly and this should make the blockage go back in the dishwasher
have done this several times but be careful as water can go everywhere if the person opening the tap opens it to fast.

I have Bosch Logixx -about 3 years old.

It's not draining at the end of the cycle. But is is draining in the middle as pump works and can feel the hot water draining away! Machine otherwise is working well. Just gives E25 water error message at the end. Problem was intermittent now permanent.

So I doubt if it is a pump/impeller (impeller is clear) blockage problem....

But would be grateful if there are any ideas as to what the next likely causes are as can't find this problem anywhere on the internet!

Mi

Remove bottom panel and push clip down on top of pump rotate and remove

My 6 month old Bosch dishwasher will not drain. It gives error E.25. I have cleaned the filter and taken the cover off the impeller and cleaned there (the impeller rotates freely). When it tries to drain, I hear a whirring sound, and water is pumped out but after a second or two it stops. It tries that three times and then gives the E.25 error.

Obviously it is still under guarantee but on the other hand this is Christmas week (of course!). I would be willing to void my guarantee if I could get it working -- I can't cope with Christmas without the dishwasher working!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Graham

I have exactly the same issue as this guy. Water will pump out when it wirrs, but attempts few seconds n stops.. Felt down and the impellor turns freely albeit slightly notchy which i guess is just the magnets causing this.
There is no blockage. My only issue is the white 'cover' that was under the filter has been thrown away since i attempted to clear any blockage :( (looks like a white finger looped attachment)

Would that part missing in itself cause E25?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back