Bosch Dishwasher not drying dishes very well.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title, machine was new in Feb 2020 so still under 2 year Manufacturers warranty. Finding crockery seems to be 'slippery' when unloading, almost like its covered is a thin film of something. Cups in the top rack still have noticeable water sitting is the recess in the underside, plastic items often contain water in crevices.

Had a Beko some years previously, (until it tried to emulate their fridge/freezers and went pop in a strong smell of burning and smoke....), dont recall that ever leaving the contents semi dry on completion of the cycle.

Basically would like to ask, is this to be expected or should I call Bosch out under warranty to look at it?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Certain programs use less water and energy, so might be worth putting experimenting with the different cycles, many modern machines have options for extra drying time. I have the Siemens and it is best for rinsing and drying on those longer cycles. If you are in a hard water area maybe adjust the salt and rinse aid dispensing controls.....But you've probably already thought of that.

Blup

Slippery dishes - me thinks to much 'Rinse Aid'.

what detergent are you using? The latest 'Fairy' ones seem to contain lots of salt and their own rinse aid materials.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back