Bosch dishwasher not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Full model number is SGS45E02GB/45
Dishwasher wasn't cleaning and when I examined it I realised the spray arms weren't spraying. The machine was just whirring away and not really doing anything.
I investigated further. By running it with the door interlock overridden, I saw that the problem is that it isn't filling. The main pump tries to circulate the nonexistent water and there's simply a sucking sound and a very weak dribble of water. The cold supply is OK and the hose isn't kinked.
I filled it manually with a bowl of water and it ran fine. Went through the cycle and drained OK.
Hope someone can help here.

Sponsored Links
Does it have a normal connection to the cold supply or a solenoid fill/inlet valve with anti flood device?

If normal hose check strainer isn't clogged. If solenoid valve this may need replacing or look up possible repair!

Cheers. It has a normal connection but I think it has a solenoid valve inside. Incidentally my wife forgot to to replace the filters just before this problem occurred. I found all sorts in the sump but something may have got deeper into the drain system.

Sponsored Links
But if it operates normally when filled with a bucket of water then surely it can't be a drainage issue!?

True. I guess it must be the fill valve. I'll have a look. Would that be testable with a multimeter?

Sludge in the sump can fool the machine into thinking it's not emptying so it does not fill, make sure the bottom is completely sludge free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back