Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher SGS45E02GB/45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Making slightly uncomfortable noise while running for the last couple of weeks. Now won't start program - sounds like just pump running.

Based on comments here about this type of machine, sounds like a water seal might have failed and leaked, making the anti-flood sensor operate.

Alternatively, is there a rotary controller, which might have accounted for the mechanical noise and which might have now stopped completely? or is control fully electronic?

I'm an engineer but the wrong kind, so someone better qualified please help me out here! Is there anywhere to download schematics, circuit diagrams, service manual?

Sponsored Links
yep if the pump runs but nothing else will work the base is full of water,
to prove this just tip the machine back and if water runs out there's your anwser,

most common causes of a leak on this model is motor seal, fill valve, pressure chamber seals, also make sure the sump hose isnt blocked this can make a back flow which trickles water into the base.

you can find parts diagrams here http://www.bshappliancecare.com/Bosch/boschspares.html
but wont get wiring diagrams etc, not that you should need them

hope that helps

OK- got my starter for 10 points: bottom tray has grubby water and sensor behind LH panel has operated.

So for bonus points, in the hope that a Guardian Angel such as Unclebuck001 or Sleepyhead is around....

Can SEE the main motor, etc. through RH sidepanel - but how do you dissassemble from here? Does the bottom panel come off with the machine on its back? or do you get at the main bits another way?

And while I'm at it..... assuming I can fix the main problem (and it's worthwhile), how does the load-sensing feature work? On this machine, it's always done the full 130-minute program whatever the contents. Can it be fixed easily with the machine in bits? Or best forgotten.

Thanks, guys, I owe you one. Failed CH boiler, anyone?

Drain the base, check the transfer pipe from fill matrix to sump isn't blocked and try the machine again.
If it's leaking, trace the leak before trying to dismantle.
This machine is a nightmare to work on, you have to release the door hinges, take the screws out of the base, release the wiring harness and lay the door on the floor, release the tub from the components and then lift the entire tub off. You now have access to all parts.

Sponsored Links
Ouch!

Given that the problem began with a noise that was PROBABLY a seal going sick AND the matrix looks clean and mostly empty, I guess my first guess was about right.

Does the 419027 seals kit include everything needed to fix a main motor / pump leak? I'm reluctant to dissembowel the machine any further before I've got something to put in it!!

Thanks again!

Drain the base first, try the machine and see if you can pinpoint the leak. It may be the heater box that's leaking or the fill matrix. Of course, it may also be the wash pump but worth testing first.
The noise could have been debris going through the wash or drain pump.

Continuous (new) whine-type noise all the time the wash pump was running.... doesn't look good!

But I'll see what I can see.

Thanks again.

If you do take the tub off, treat it very carefully, don't damage or bend anything on the base of it. It'll leak like a sieve when reassembled if it's damaged in any way. :(

Good call!
Appears to only leak while pumping out, so I guess it's going to be the drain pump / plastic plumbing / etc., not the wash pump seal.

The first luck of 2007 is that a neighbour had a spare dishwasher (Siemens, no less, which had been replaced by an integrated type in a refurbed kitchen. Strange how similar it is to Bosch inside..... :D )

Pressures off, so I can move the leaker to the garage and take some time over it. Thanks for the advice about the tub - I can easily understand the possible further leaks having now seen the 'fragile' design. Something tells me Mr Bosch REALLY didn't want these machines repaired!

Siemens and Bosch are the same machines, same manufacturer. One posh name = more £s. :LOL:

yes bosch, siemens, neff and gaggenau are all of the B/S/H group,

what do mean by load sensor? do you mean aqua sensor? the aqua sensor is a photo cell which looks thu a sample of water to see how clean or dirty it is and adjusts the wash time accordingly but only on the auto program setting. the sensor can get dirty run a couple of hot washes with some cleaner and then do a reset.

to change this is a complete strip down, tub off the lot.

to change the motor seal just take out all the screws you can see on that side of the machine, on the motor pump housing you will see a flange, press the flange in with a terminal screw driver a twist towards it, lift a corner of the tub up enough to squeeze a motor out.

the motor seal kit contains pump housing seal, spindle seal and a new impeller

flange in with a terminal screw driver a twist towards it

sorry - not quite clear what you mean. Do you mean the flange actually retains the motor, impeller, volute, etc.?

[Looking at the construction of this thing and remembering previous experience long ago with heavy-duty launderette-style washers that WERE designed for 'perpetual repair', I wonder how we'll EVER deal with this dirty little secret of our current 'civilisation'.

On one side, we have Bosch needing to make a profit and consumers 'needing' cheap dishwashers. On the other, we have resource exhaustion, climate change, landfills full of crushed White Goods and machines that are DESIGNED to last 5 - 7 years max or x,000 washes, whichever comes sooner, etc. Energy-saving exhortations from the Government, condensing boilers, solar panels, planting trees and all the other b*llocks are only Rearranging the Deckchairs on the Titanic. Unless we can come up with a solution to the 'White Good Lifespan Problem' (applying also to much else in this 'consumer society' we value so highly), all other efforts to minimise consumption will always be a complete waste of time! And if we DO discover a magic economic formula, we'll then need to convince the Chinese of its value, too.

Not a particularly good prospect for 2007 and later!]

tricky to explan..mmm.. ok, if look at the motor from the side panel you ll see that it fits into a white motor pump housing at the 2 o'clock position there is raised piece that stops you from twisting the motor off, that bit that is raised need to be pressed in then the motor will come off, you will need to release 2 black rubber lugs that hold the motor to the base as well. hope that make more sense

hi - although this is a few years later from the last post, i have the same problem with my bosch logixx. A leak from bekind the circulating pump motor which evetually trips the flood sensor. The motor and dishwasher work fine though when i remove the water. There is residue where the motor connects to the plastic pipwork behind it.

I am not confidant DIYing it, so called an engineer. He said I would have to replace the whole circulating motor becasue the bearings had gone, hence the leak... but the motor does seem to work fine...shurly its just a failed seal/connection and i just have to replace the lower part of the pump circulation pump housing. I say this because there is an £80 differance in the parts and don't want to have to pay for a new motor for no reason. If the motor had broke, I would understand ..but it works fine ...anyone offer advice...please see link to dishwasher componant diagram

https://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop(bD1lbiZjPTAwOQ==)/bosch/gb/indexs.htm

search : SGS66A02GB/17

its the motor in the lower right hand corner of the diagram on the 4th page.

any help much appreciated

Help please! I know this is following on from an old post but you lot seem to know what your talking about!!!!!

We have just been given an old dishwasher from inlaws but I ran the first test cycle forgetting to turn water on!

Warning light 'check water' now on and nothing doing even though i have now switch on water.

Absolutely no idea where to start, is there a pump to draw water and if so is it likely this could have burnt out?

Any help on how to solve gratefully recieved!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back