Bosch dishwasher not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch dishwasher model SGS45E02GB/56 which has worked perfectly for three years. When I tried to turn it on last night there was absolutely nothing, no lights, no noise, nothing. I checked the fuse, socket etc but it made no difference.
When my wife turned it on ten minutes later it started fine and I assumed I'd done something wrong but it only ran for about ten minutes and then died with dirty water in it. Again no lights or noise.
This morning I took the top and sides off and had a poke around. All pipes were clear, the drain pump was clear, there was no water where it shouldn't be. Still no life. I wiggled the anti-flood float a couple of times and the drain pump sprang into life when I lifted the lever.
The machine is now running but I don't know if it's something I've done or whether it's an intermittent fault on the machine that has fixed itself.
Does anyone know if the anti-flood mechanism cuts the power completely like this and could cause the symptoms described? Or does this sound like a problem with the control module?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The flood system will definately not cut the power to the module if activated. It's also very unlikely to have a intermittant fault on this appliance especially with the module. It's more likely to be the socket. Did the plug stick to the back of the machine when pulled out? If it happens again run it on an extension lead to a different socket. :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried swapping the plug with the washing machine next to it but to no avail. The dishwasher didn't work in either socket but the washing machine worked in both.
Tried leaving the dishwasher turned on overnight and it turned itself on and off randomly but eventually got through a complete wash cycle.
Took the sides off and wiggled all the power supply connectors. Took the door cover off and wiggled the door cutout switch a bit.
Don't know if it's some thing I did or it's just coincidence but it seems to be working consistently now (touch wood).
Still none the wiser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back