Bosch Dishwasher SGS46E18GB/73

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please, i have a bosch dishwasher sgs46e18gb/73 about 4 - 4 1/2 yrs old. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks it hasn't been washing 100% and also the tablet not dissloving all of the time. Over the last week it has gradually got worse, smelling no hot water coming through, not dissolving the tablet and sticking on the 1 minute remaing. There doesn't appear to be a blockage ( i think) any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a heating issue. As you are not seeing an error code try this: Turn the machine off at the on/off switch. Press and hold any two program buttons. Turn the machine on at the on/off switch while still holding the program buttons. When the model coding appears in the display release the the program buttons. At this point the 3rd program LED should be permanently lit..& the 4th LED should flash. PO should appear in the display. This is the fault log which holds the last 8 error codes. Press the 4th program button to shuttle from the last known error code to the first. Post the last known error here.

Hi thanks for getting back to me, have just done exactley what you have instructed. When pressed the 4th flashing LED PO goes PO1, PO2, PO3 and PO4 and then back to PO.

Sponsored Links
Ive managed to get it working again etc etc hot water coming through, all the right noises etc.
But have now noticed after 2 minutes of the cycle i heard the tablet fall out into the floor of the dishwasher opened it up put it back in again and same thing happened. I have now left the tablet in there for the wash to continue.......................................

The tablet is supposed to drop out when the rinse cycle is finished.

Am i right in thinking that is what is supposed to happen??????
If so great all working, thankyou very much. A new Control Module was recommended to me a week ago do you think its still worth having it done????????

I don't want to rain on your parade but the problems will return sooner or later. The soap dispenser opening mechanism is controlled by a wax motor. This should open after the rinse phase (usually synchronized to open at the start of the heat phase on the wash cycle). Since it opens after 2 mins of starting the program (therfore before the rinse cycle is finished) it is obviously opening too early. Which means the pcb is supplying voltage to the wax motor when it shouldn't be. Keep an eye on things & if it goes haywire again you'll probably have to change the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back