Bosch dishwasher SGV53E03GB/72 flood problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have flood switch problem. 3 to 4 washes and then have to tip the water out. done some reading and have now taken the side off. Water is coming out the top of the pressure chamber above the red float, only a small amount but enough to trip the flood switch after a few washes.
Looks all gummed up:
Can i clean it ? whats best to use? is it scale of food?
Should i just buy a new one only £20 but is it a nightmare to fit? will i need to order any other bits?
Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
Ok have now worked out the read float is on the clean water supply and the build up is limescale. Manage to remove some just by tapping the side and moving the float about. Is safe to use a limescale remover to free up the rest. dont want to damage the unit as it now works ok.. but how long for????

It is relatively easy to remove the matrix and pressure chamber.
Please pull out the plug before tackling any of this...

Remove lid side panel and front plastic kick plate.
Undo both screws securing the metal plate that runs under the door -screws are just beside the door hinges.
You dont need to remove the metal plate completely just enough to remove the outlet pipe from the pressure chamber to the sump(usually gunged up)

Release the matrix(usually need to remove the top right and left corner angles(half or full size matrix) some have retaining bars across.
The matrix should lift away from the pressure chamber.
You can either remove completely to clean the matrix(takes some time and effort to clean) by removing inlet pipes or just leave hanging.

The pressure chamber sits on two plastic posts which have push levers on them -use a small screwdriver to prise forward and then it will lift away.
The pressure chamber with some patience and care can be prised apart using a couple of small screwdrivers on the clips.
A tooth brush,pipe cleaner and soap and water is usually enough re cleaning

Looks daunting when you first look but not so bad really!

Will send you a link to some photos by pm

Hope this helps!

Chris

Hi Chris
Thanks for getting back to me. Managed to get the float free and all working again without water coming over the top. Will pluck up the courage to take the camber off when i have more time.
If you have the photo links that would be a real help
Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back