Bosch dishwasher: What is this for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
10+ year old Bosch dishwasher.

Have a leak coming from here when the dishwasher fills. Have cleaned but has not resolved the leak.

Suspect O-rings need replacing as they seem a bit loose when I removed this part to clean it.

To get the right size I could do with identifying what this actually does so I can then go and find a part number.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
Do you have the ENR number, usually etched on the top of the door or a label l/h side of door.

If you have a leak at the o rings, I have a tried and tested solution that will save you £16, unless you can find cheap third party o rings.

Basically, buy a roll of ptfe plumbers tape, and feed a strip around each o-ring (like you are wrapping the outside of it. Do a few loops of it.
You should find the ptfe tape sticks to it nicely.

You can also loop it around the prong that the o-ring sits on.

Another tip. always push the o-ring onto the prong and then insert into it's seat. Don't put the o-ring into the seat and then insert the prong.

The latter method can end up meaning it seats poorly and you will have mini leaks.
Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 02-28-39 WhatsApp.png

I just had to strip my dishwasher down and replace a few bits so could take a picture. Needless to say, I have no problem with the original o-rings.

This machine is still going strong after over 24 years ish.

Based on the model number, the part you are pointing at comes back as this....
Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 03-28-29 Bosch spare parts & accessories for your appliance Bosch - S...png

But if that bracket/spigot is removable, and it is the washers that are causing the weep. My above method will work.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you have a leak at the o rings, I have a tried and tested solution that will save you £16, unless you can find cheap third party o rings.

Basically, buy a roll of ptfe plumbers tape, and feed a strip around each o-ring (like you are wrapping the outside of it. Do a few loops of it.
You should find the ptfe tape sticks to it nicely.

You can also loop it around the prong that the o-ring sits on.

Another tip. always push the o-ring onto the prong and then insert into it's seat. Don't put the o-ring into the seat and then insert the prong.

The latter method can end up meaning it seats poorly and you will have mini leaks.
View attachment 322196

I just had to strip my dishwasher down and replace a few bits so could take a picture. Needless to say, I have no problem with the original o-rings.

This machine is still going strong after over 24 years ish.

Based on the model number, the part you are pointing at comes back as this....
View attachment 322197

But if that bracket/spigot is removable, and it is the washers that are causing the weep. My above method will work.
Thank you I will try this :)

Thank you I will try this :)
Let me know if you find it tricky, I can show more details. The tape can twist and stick to itself.

Also, if you wrap a turn or two around the prong, when you slide the o-ring onto it, twist it in the direction you wound the tape, That way it doesn't just push/bunch the tape up or make it come off. It does not matter if it bunches up a bit.

Also ensure you push/twist the o-rings right up the prongs as far as they can go.

A bit finicky to do first try, but very effective.

Let me know if you find it tricky, I can show more details. The tape can twist and stick to itself.

Also, if you wrap a turn or two around the prong, when you slide the o-ring onto it, twist it in the direction you wound the tape, That way it doesn't just push/bunch the tape up or make it come off. It does not matter if it bunches up a bit.

Also ensure you push/twist the o-rings right up the prongs as far as they can go.

A bit finicky to do first try, but very effective.
I already had the O-rings ordered and they seem to have sorted it, but if in the same boat again I will try this.

EDIT: a second O-ring is showing a very small leak so will try this technique to sort this :)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back