Bosch Dishwasher Overflowing/Flooding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch dishwasher with numbers SGS43A22UK & SL15K1B (not sure which is the identifier. The filter is clogged but I can't find a way into the plastic housing containing the filter - can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Album created under Bosch Filter with two photographs - one taken from under the machine and one from the side. Hope they are visible to you and you can suggest a way in, thanks for your help. Just joined so still finding my way around and finding out how to upload photos - let me know if there is a problem.

I don't understand what you're doing :confused:

you clean the filter from inside the machine

Why are you clambering underneath it?

The thing in your picture might be the water softener (it is different layout from mine)

What are the symptoms of the problem you are trying to resolve?

Have you downloaded the user instructions yet?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, should have explained the main issue. The system is overflowing and flooding the kitchen. I've tried flushing out from inside and via the waste tube on the back but to no avail. Definite recurring blockage. Having looked underneath i can see what looks like frying pan gunk in one of the chambers which I suspect is the root cause but can't find a way in to drain and clean. The system seems to pump and drain through the chamber which is why I called it the filter but I can see how I confused the issue for you. I have the manuals but they obviously don't show technical detail and there is no point in ordering a part unless I can find out how to replace it. Appreciate your help, patience and quick replies. Any suggestions still appreciated.

Leave it alone. That's the water softener unit. Check the transfer hose from the metering tank to the sump of the dishwasher, this tends to block.
If this is the first time you've had this fault then it looks like an expensive repair. You have to replace the "mushroom" inside and the timer pcb in the door. Modifications to these machines are made to the software and overflow protection.

Thanks for the advice - having flushed and drained the system countless times I couldn't see how there could still be a blockage. Took your advice and disconnected the pump - clean as a whistle, except for a 1.5 inch chicken bone !!!!. Put everything back together and no flood. Cleaning cycle now in progress - appreciate all your help and guidance in avoiding doing more damage.

Hi, I have the same washing machine as you - and the same problem.
I've tried to find where the pump is / how to get into it but can't find any location to remove the bottom panel - any clues??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back