Bosch Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch Dishwasher Exxcel stopped mid-cycle. No illumination on control panel board. Checked fuse on plug - OK. Checked pump for blockage - seems OK. What's the problem?

Sponsored Links
check mains surpresser and the end of lead ,then check on off switch .after that look at pcb for burn marks ps you wil need a meter

Sponsored Links
Checked that power was getting to module (pcb), but module not working. Noticed burn marks on module. Eventually traced a new module and fitted it. It appears to be OK (LED lights up etc) but when a programme is chosen, the machine sounds as if it is going to start OK, the LED lights up to say how many minutes left, but it seems to be indicating mid-cycle, rather than the beginning, but nothing more happens. I have reset the programmes, tried the pre-rinse programme, LED indicates 18 minutes left but remains showing that time.

I pu a few jug fulls of water into the machine to see if pump is working and tried the pre-rinse programme. Pump seems to operate, but nothing else!

It seems as if water is not coming into the machine (yes, the water IS turned on), so what must be the problem?

Any offers?

Slightly guessing here, but isn't there a solenoid thing that has to switch to let water in? Perhaps it's broke.

tip mc back and see if water comes out of the base if so you have a water leak and has set off the float switch ,if no water is in base check pipe on metering tank its blocked with crud .metering tank on the left remove side panel

Thanks, Rocks1. I did what you suggested. When I tipped the machine back, there was no water leak. Took off the left side panel and could see no sign of debris blockage. I then thought I would retry the pre-rinse cycle, added a few pints of water to double check the pump was working and hey presto, the pre-rinse cycle worked.

Thinking the problem was sorted, I then tried to start a full wash cycle, but same old story - LED showed time left, machine pumped out water dregs then did NOTHING!

The cold water feed doesn't seem to being activated. What do you think is the problem?

there is a tube that runs from the tank on the side to the base its blocked with fat remove the 2 tubes on side and clear them ,you cannot see into the pipes you have to remove them to see inside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back