Bosch dishwater pump runs continuously

kgm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch SGV43A03GB/17 dishwasher sometimes gets stuck running the pump continuously, despite not having any water in it to pump. From reading other posts, I guess the flood protection mechanism has been activated. However, I can't figure out where it is in order to check it. This is a built-in model and the only part accessible without removing the entire unit is the sump beneath the filter system. Before I pull the unit out and discover it wasn't necessary, will someone please be kind enough to post instructions for accessing the flood protection mechanism on this model?

Thanks,
Kevin.

Sponsored Links
You need to pull it out of the housing,put towels down and tip machine back.Having drained the water from the base you now need to find the leak.

A sharp blow to the front of the machine was sufficient to stop the pump running, presumably causing the float to descend. And my long-term solution to the problem has been to use a different detergent. It hasn't recurred since I switched.

Sponsored Links
i have the same problem with my bosch logixx. I traced the leak by taking the top and sides off and sucking the water out from the bottom. I then rana cycle and watched from where the water came from. It turned out to be a leak from behind the circulating pump motor which evetually trips the flood sensor. The motor and dishwasher work fine though when i remove the water. There is residue where the motor connects to the plastic pipwork behind it.

I am not confidant DIYing it, so called an engineer. He said I would have to replace the whole circulating motor becasue the bearings had gone, hence the leak... but the motor does seem to work fine...shurly its just a failed seal/connection and i just have to replace the lower part of the pump circulation pump housing. I say this because there is an £80 differance in the parts and don't want to have to pay for a new motor for no reason. If the motor had broke, I would understand ..but it works fine ...anyone offer advice...please see link to dishwasher componant diagram

https://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop(bD1lbiZjPTAwOQ==)/bosch/gb/indexs.htm

search : SGS66A02GB/17

its the motor in the lower right hand corner of the diagram on the 4th page.

any help much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back