United Kingdom
Is the
Bosch DMF 10 Zoom Multi Detector

The best you can get for wire tracing?

What do you use?

Martin

Sponsored Links
I believe they're very good.

I got one free (with a drill) a couple of years ago and have still yet to use it.
One of these days I'll stick some batteries in it and put it in the van!

Is the
Bosch DMF 10 Zoom Multi Detector

The best you can get for wire tracing?

What do you use?

Martin

I have one.
It works OK for wire tracing and can even find the plasterboard nails in a stud partition wall.
However, mine is just about useless at finding studs which is supposed to be its main function in life.

Frank

Sponsored Links
Mine used to keep having funny five minutes, best one was it detecting cable/voltage in a wooden studwall frame... strange thing was there was nothing in it....just the woodwork and plain old plasterboard I just wanted to find the frame to put my backboxes in......

Got fed up with it giving false readings so stuck it on ebay... maybe I just had a bad one..

Well after watching the youtube link I canceled my ebay bid. Pretty mixed reviews.

What should I get that works?

Maybe some a of these are good and some are bad. I would love to try one.But I don't like the idea of passing off a crap one as good in order to pass it on to the next unlucky chap.

So those of you who uses one have you seen the youtube and is yours significantly better than the one being shown?

Cheers

Martin

Scratch my comment above - it won't be going in the van anymore, more likely eBay.

EDIT - I've just popped a battery in mine and it looked promising at the start as it seemed to pick up studs where I expected them to be.
A second scan started to cast doubt. Also it alerted me to live cables when I know for a fact there wasn't anything in the vicinity.

There NOT downlighters

Its electric underfloor fans.....................

I must add my dmf found all the copper pipes and electric cables, I am puzzled at the you tube film as he must have a duff?????

I have had one for over a year and it is total C rap. You would be better off spending £10.00 at B&Q or Focus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back