Bosch Excell Auto Dishwasher Not Washing (No Spray)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 year old Bosch Excell Auto Dishwasher (SGS53A02GB/27) that worked fine, but it was not used for a couple of months and now it doesn't wash. It takes in water and the makes a noise like the pump motor starting but instead of water coming through the arms water seems to be briefly pumped out of the waste pipe. It seems to do this three times and then just sits there counting down the time! Anybody got any idea what may be wrong please? The water comes in and is pumped out fine.

Thanks in advance
Hoddy

Sponsored Links
Having spent a few hours sorting through previous posts on Bosch Dishwashers I decided to remove the top and the left had side of the machine to see if I could find what was causing the problem. No joy it still took in water and then tried to pump it out instead of washing. So I removed the right hand side as well just to see what was there! This gave me access to the motor and I soon realised that it was not spinning. So I decided to see if the spindle would turn (after turning off the power!) and promptly burnt my finger. So motor very hot and not turning so I used a screwdriver to press against the "fins" and with a little pressure it moved and then turned freely. Re-connected the power and now all works again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back