the machine runs through the cycles perfectly
the machine starts the spin cycle from 11 minutes
the goes to 10 then 9 then clicks off, if I keep trying
it spins sometimes after a few goes ,
I havent checked the brushes to see if the have
worn prematurley from a ruff armature
. it is a symptom I have read before on the net
but cant remember where i read it.....

Did you get this fixed? I'm having exactly the same issue. Any ideas??...ps. Happened straight after I changed the brushes. To access the motor I did have to tip the machine on it's head - not sure if that inadvertently did something.

Sponsored Links
Not uncommon for new brushes on Bosch machines to stick if the brush holders were not cleaned out fully as the do create some carbon dust when bedding in.

Never a good idea to turn a machine upside down, tip them back against a wall or remove the rear plate to gain access to the motor (I personally find it easier and quicker to remove the motor and clean the brush holders and armature then fit new brushes and refit the motor)

Thanks - will try that.

I need to remove the brushes again anyway - have a suspicion that I put the brushes in from either side so that the angled edge is facing upwards on both. I'm told that they should be facing oppositely (one up, one down). If I had done this incorrectly - could the drum still turn but not spin fast? And would that explain some of the additional noise I'm getting?

Thanks.

Rechecked the brushes and now the spin cycle works beautifully! One of the brushes was facing the wrong direction, hence only much smaller portion would have been in contact with the motor coil. For anyone experiencing something similar, ensure brushes are opposed, e.g. ===\ (motor) \=== Thanks all for suggestions!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back