Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher SGS45E02GB/45

inlet valve is poss stuck where the inlet pipe screws on to . make sure pipe is not kinked .

Sponsored Links
hi.
i also realise that many people have said that this is an old post, but I have a siemens extraklasse dishwasher that I have inherited with a new house.
The drain pump is running when the power switch is turned on regardless whether the door is open or closed or if a program is selected.
I think the flood sensor has been tripped because we live in an area of very hard water, so judging from previous posts, it could be the overflow sensor.
Potentially, the circ. motor seal may have also gone, as sometimes (before the drain pump incident) the circ. pump was running but not much washing was going on. I am sure it was the circ. pump because it has a rather distinct noise.

I have a spare dishwasher, so time shouldn't be an issue if it needs disassembling.
If necessary I'll get an engineer out, but only as a last resort considering the siemens is a). quite old and b). not the only dishwasher I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All - Hope someone can help.

I have similar problem as this post started off on with the circulation motor I think.

I have a Bosch Exxcel Auto Option Dishwasher. I have read a lot of your advice on here so I know it is filling correctly then is stops. I have tried putting extra water in and it pumps that out and I have checked the float switch etc. It also pumps out ok when you cancel the program. I have come to the conclusion it stops relating to the circulation pump as it never pumps around however the pump is making a humming noise and it gets warm. This tells me that the rotor is not spinning. I have checked inside the machine that there is nothing blocking or stopping it so it is either a jam in the rotor or bearings, or it could be the phase shift capacitor (assuming it is phase shift and not power factor correction.)

Can I prove the rotor is free or stuck without removing the motor?

Can I check the capacitor if it is phase shift - without buying a new one?

Question is how do I get the motor out - or the capacitor - do I need to remove the base - if so how?

What is the little black clip on - on top of the motor with two spades to the motor connections and a third wire off?

On a separate note I have checked the heating element and this is fine, however there is what appears to be an over heat sensor by the heater terminal but this appears open circuit. Is it an overheat sensor or something else?

Thanks for any help.

Can I prove the rotor is free or stuck without removing the motor?

Yes. Unplug the machine and remove all its filters. In the sump, to the right there will be a hole, this is the inlet for the circulation pump. It may be covered from above by a crescent shaped plastic piece which will just pull out easily.

su12S.jpg

Being very careful, you can rotate the impeller with your fingers. If it wobbles up/down/left/right, then it's likely that your bearings are dodgy. You could also remove the right side panel and turn the rotor from the back of the motor.

Can I check the capacitor if it is phase shift - without buying a new one?
Question is how do I get the motor out - or the capacitor - do I need to remove the base - if so how?

You can access the motor by removing the right side panel. If you actually want to remove the it, it may be possible to remove it without removing either tub or base, but you'll have to be very careful, but I haven't tried this. You could remove the tub, but again, this comes with caveats, particularly since the metal may deform easily.
This might help you http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/bosch/1930-removing-base-access-pump-bosch-dishwasher.html

What is the little black clip on - on top of the motor with two spades to the motor connections and a third wire off?

Unsure, can you post a photo?

On a separate note I have checked the heating element and this is fine, however there is what appears to be an over heat sensor by the heater terminal but this appears open circuit. Is it an overheat sensor or something else?

This will be a temperature sensor, not just overheat, so that the dishwasher can adjust the heater as necessary to control the temperature. As far as I am aware anyway. If you do some exploring on bosch's website, you can find entire diagrams detailing spare parts and their descriptions.

Find your Enr number and enter it here.

Hope this helps
~easkay

Sponsored Links
Dont know if it helps but the instructions for taking out the pump from the side is good aside from its near to impossible to get the pump out of the gap between the can and the tray.

In the end I cut a u shaped slot out of the top of the plastic tray (about an inch deep) that provided enough space to just about get it out.

If you want to give yourself a little more room you can take off the impeller assembly. To do this use something in the back of the motor to stop it turning (a bit of wood / screwdriver whatever) and then undo the impeller with an 8mm spanner.

Also remember to take a photo of where all the cables went...

Hope this helps

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back