Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch 6 year old dishwasher has stopped heating the water (I think). The displayed elapsed time goes down about ten minutes then stops there for ages, sometimes it does eventually complete the cycle but it takes a lot longer then the time remaining indicator states. I presume from this that it can't get the water up to temperature and so as a result the program wont go any further.

So from this I deduce that maybe the water heating element has gone? Does this sound likely and if so where is the best place to get a replacement part and how difficult a job is it?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
it may not be getting enough water in it as the heater works on correct water level. When it fills is a slight thumping noise if so check the pressure chamber on the left handside as this will be blocked clean and run again.

Thanks for that, I will have a check of that at the weekend. I have however opened the door mid cycle and there does seem to be plenty of water sloshing about in there? I also heard about the possibility of a burn out on the control board, but checked the control board last night and it looked fine (to the naked eye).

Something that has just occured to me, this dishwasher has one inlet only and it is currently attached to the cold supply, if the water is not getting hot is there anything stopping me from attaching the dishwasher to the hot supply thus bypassing the heating up of water issue?

To check the heater remove the right panel and you will see it at the rear disconnect the wires and check for continuity on the element.Personally i would not attach to hot water supply but that is up to you.

Sponsored Links
When you say 'there seems to be plenty of water sloshing around...' have you let it settle after opening the door to see whether the water is covering the full area at the base of the machine ? If there is some water in the machine - enough to fill the sump but not sufficient to cover the base of the machine - then it's likely that the main circulation pump will work (hence the sloshing noises) but it will know there is not enough water to activate the heating elements and this may affect the timer. If the water level is not covering the base of the machine try adding a few pints so that it is, shut the door and re-start. Sloshing should re-commence and with luck the water will then heat up and the timer will count down as normal. The down side is that this might prove that the problem is one of lack of water being delivered into the machine....as is the case with our 7 year old Bosch Logixx ! Have spent three weeks trying to resolve the issue but without success. Machine about to be sent to meet it's maker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back