Bosch Exxcel Logixx Auto Option SGS6962GB/13 - Wont dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have owned this machine since new and had the engineer out a couple of times. Both times he took off the LHS of the machine (viewing from the front) and removed and cleaned out the float chambers that sit underneath the tall heat exchanger / water tank. I have since the end of the warranty period had the 'stop with 1 minute left' problem and this was cured by cleaning out the chambers and making sure all parts moved freely and operated correctly.

Over the last couple of weeks have noticed that the machine has stopped drying as well as it did previously with water droplets visible on the plastic handle of the bottom draw as well as on saucepans etc that all previously used to dry completely.

I have just run the machine in 'auto' mode and watched the side tank fill and drain and it all seemed to work as you might expect. With 16 minutes or so remaining the pump stopped spraying water and 1 minute later the side tank filled up with cold water (from the mains) and sat in the side tank - presumably ensuring that the inside side panel of the dishwasher was cold enabling the steam to condense onto the side of the unit and thereby enabling the contents to dry.

I was surprised that the hot water in the base of the unit was not pumped out before the cold water entered the side tank - is this normal?

The rinse aid and salt are both full. The heater seems to be working as you would expect and there are no leaks into the base tray.

Has anyone got any ideas on what else I could check??

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back