Instal reed switch Bosch Exxcel SMS50E12GB/16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher, model SMS50E12GB/16, Type: SM6P1B.

The dishwasher developed a fault where it would initially fill with water and operated fine for the initial rinse, but then on it’s second filling it would display error E14 and also the ‘Check Water’ indicator would display.

Having read lots of online forums it appears that the fault might be due to a faulty Reed switch for the flow meter. Therefore I ordered a replacement part, # 00611317.

When trying to instal the new part I’ve come across a problem and hoped someone might be able to help!

I’ve removed the side of the dishwasher and have located the reed switch in the plastic water chamber. The reed switch is on the back of the chamber sandwiched against the metal side of the machine (photo attached). I need to work out how to remove the chamber so I can get access to the sensor.

I think the chamber is secured to the side of the machine by two inlet pipes which pass through the side of the machine - I assume these pump the water in/out. (photo attached)

The pipe at the bottom easily screwed off. But the larger pipe higher up on the machine wall doesn’t want to budge (photo attached). Does anyone know how to remove this? is it screwed in place or clipped in place somehow?

Attachments

• IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,603
  • IMG_2016.JPG
    IMG_2016.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,469
Sponsored Links
Additional images attached, which show the moulding of the chamber which prevents access to the reed switch without removing the chamber.

Attachments

• IMG_2019.JPG
    IMG_2019.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,846
  • IMG_2020.JPG
    IMG_2020.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,789
Hi mr oj,
if you use the search and put in filling/check water light I have explained before on changing reed switch.It is for a Bosch but same applies.
It's the post with VISHAL 31.

assuhors,

Thanks for your reply. As per the comments in the other thread, pull back the plastic flat and snap the new sensor into place. It wasn't immediately obvious that the plastic surround on the new part was simply packaging to transport the sensor in. Once you pointed this out it was only a 5 minute job to replace it.

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have the same problem as Mr OJ but I am not able to find the thread mentioned above by assuhors. Would someone please be able to either:

1. Point me in the direction of the thread or
2. Explain how to change the reed switch over?

Many thanks in advance!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back