Bosch Slimline continously filling/check water light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've been pulling my hair out with my dishwasher and hoping someone maybe able to point me in the right direction here.

I own a Bosch SPS40C12GB/07 dishwasher and recently the check water light has been coming on within 3 minutes of the cycle being turned on. I noticed water coming through on the inside from a vent in the left corner and then filling the inside causing the float to activate and the check water light to come on.

I decided to take the side of to take a look and what I did notice is that the plastic casing that contains the water was already full! So when the cycle started the inlet kept sending in water and the plastic casing sends the water into an overflow chamber which routes to a circular grill inside the left of the dishwasher (as mentioned above) which is causing it to flood and the check water light to come on.

For some reason even resetting the machine drains the water from the inside but not from the side chambers where it is stored.

I'm not sure where the fault lies here, from other research it suggested an impeller jug but my dishwasher does not have that, it does however have a little wheel that spins around as the water comes in through the inlet which is attached to some sort of reed switch.

Any help would be most appreciated as I think this can be a simple fix hopefully?

Sponsored Links
Yours is a later model that has the visible impellor and reed switch.The reed switch comes as a seperate part supplied in a plastic transit case part no. 611317.Water remains in the water softener tank if thats what you are looking at.

Yep, I noticed this was hiding under a plastic flap on the side which exposed it. I found a replacement fairly cheap as suggested so have ordered it hoping it fixes the issue.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in all honesty, it's the plastic casing that is exposed when you take the left hand cover of with all the pumps etc. is this the same as the water softener tank as its full right to the top of the machine. The water inside the softener chamber on the inside is only partially full.

One question on the reed switch, it looks like this can just be pulled out of the plastic holder. Do I need to replace it with the whole casing or can I just take the small pcb out and replace?

Thanks!

You just replace the small pcb but it does come in a plastic case similar to what it is fixed in on the machine.Usually instructions with part to discard transit case.The water moves around the different parts of the chambers and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sponsored Links
Just took delivery of the replacement flow meter part and installed it, set the dishwasher to run and kept the side panel off. As soon as it tried to take water in, it tripped the switch and used the existing water in the plastic tank and started running the cycle! Fantastic, its now working as expected!

Thank you for your help kind sir! If anyone is interested it was this part http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/Contact/00611317

Takes almost 30 seconds to install once you take the top and side panel off, I would have nearly forked out £99 initial call out, plus another £99 when they came back to fix it with the cost of the part!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back