Bosch Exxcel SGS56E02GB/35 drain pump replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i have bitten the bullet and ordered a replacement drain pump as I cannot hear the pump at all and the system stays full of water.

Problem is that i cannot work out how to get access to the pump. I've had the left side panel off but that doesn't work and I looked at the bottom but that doesn't seem right either.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply

I had a look through the Bosch and is helpful for parts but not with instructions about gaining access into the machine.

the pump on these are very good hardley go at all .did you remove the filters and in the botton is a small hole tickle it with a metal coat hanger to flick the impellor round .if you want to change the pump not a easy job side panels come off and tub lifts off and door and wiring harness . in ten years i have never replaced a drain pump on these.good luck .

Sponsored Links
On some bosch machines the pump is a pain to replace (fiddly and tight) but I have never had to strip the machine down to do it.

Only twice had to replace the pump itself though, the rest of the time I have had to remove the pump to clear out obstructions that were well and truely stuck in.

If it has a solid base I have generally worked from the front of the machine removing the kick strip to gain access.

Not good with particular model numbers to appliance ID though so cant say on your particular machine.

As Leccy advises, you can get to the pump via the front kick-plate. You may also find it easier to work on if you remove the door facia as this restricts access some. Unscrew 3 torx screws each side & the door facia can be removed giving you more room to work. The pump is on the left hand side & has a bayonet type fitting. While you're in there take off the 30cm long ribbed hose just in front of the pump & give it a good clean. Residue in this hose can cause draining issues (see a similar case a few posts down for a better description).
Good luck :D

Hi All

A twist to the plot. I managed to get to the pump (thanks for the info - getting in through the front is pretty easy.

The pump looked surprisingly good when I removed it which made me think it may be a red herring. I refitted it and going though some test cycles and watching water flow for a while, it seems that the pump does run for a few seconds and then stops.

I put a meter on the pump leads and then noticed that it receives power to run the pump, which it does and then the power just stops.

What could be causing this? Is it a problem at the controller or is there perhaps a microswitch issue cutting out the power?

I don't think it's pump related now and also don't think it's safety related.

Sorry

Another update

I managed to get all the water to drain by lifting the red arm which is driven by the water safety float in the base.

Now to work out why it won't do that normally.

All

I traced the issue back to a bad solder joint on the control board (specifically on relay 2) which I assume is the one that activates the pump. I re-soldered the pin and that fixed the issue.

I suspect though that the relay has a bad contacts inside causing the pins to get hot. So it may fail at some point.

PS. Did read on some other forums (mostly US) that this happens fairly often on some control boards.

some Bosch control boards were subject to recall if they failed. Not got the info on the particular boards handy though.

I have often seen the heater relay with dry/blown joints on Bosch machines mostly they work ok after re soldering, ocasionally we replace the relay to be sure though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back