Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher - no water coming in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help here.

I have a Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher - SGS43E02GB/45. When I put it through any cycle, nothing happens other than the draining pump seems to start and continue throughout. Sometimes when I open the door the pump continues and other times it stops. When I throw a jug of water into the machine it seems to work as normal, until the water drains and then again the draining pump just keeps going.

I've dismantled and cleaned the network of plastic tubes at the side, but to no avail. The float in the tray is fine and there is no water in the bottom of the machine. I've read on other posts in the forum that it could be down to the "impeller jug", but I'm not sure what this is and where to find it. I've attached an image of what I think might be the "impeller jug", so can anyone confirm if I should try and replace this and also recommend where I could get one?

Sponsored Links
continuous drain pump operation on Bosch is usually down to the anti flood device being operated.

you say the float is ok (not stuck in up position)
no water in the base
have you checked the micro switch on the anti-flood device.

Cheers for the reply. Yes, the microswitch is fine. I can fill the machine with water and then manually trip the switch to get it to drain. The problem seems to be getting water into the machine. What's more confusing is the problem is intermittent. Sometimes it works, and at other times water simply won't come in.

check the fill valve resistance it should be quite high (around 300 ohms if I remember right). The valve is a pain to get to as it is behind a plate on the rear and sometimes you have to remove the break tank to get to it as the pipe from the valve to the tank can be quite tight/short.

If when the machine is getting to the fill part and it makes a humming noise it could be the fill valve or the water supply to the machine. I have seen a few where the water supply has been switched off accidently.

Sponsored Links
Would the fill valve be the little black box, behind the plate where the water intake is? I'll have to try and find a multimeter from somewhere. Water is definitely on. I suppose the valve could be shorting occasionally and causing the intermittent problem. It's all working again at the moment, but I know it'll stop again soon.

Cheers

It's now 2019.....sorry i'm to late but it may help someone else.....Excactly the same problem intermitent until I took it outside and put it on blocks when it stopped altogther. All four wires leading to the valves (your photo) had been munched by mice, one cut and the rest hanging on by a strand or two........got cats? check because the plasic tray makes a nice warm nest for lucky meese.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back