Bosch Exxcel dishwasher doesn't continue cycle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have just been given a Bosch Exxcel 'Auto Option' dishwasher which doesn't run correctly.

The model type is S9LT1B.

The problem is that the dishwasher will allow me to run a program, but it doesn't seem to progress into the Wash cycle correctly.

For example:

*I put the machine into a Pre Wash cycle (19 minutes)
*I can hear the machine fill with water.
*I have checked water in sufficient pressure is coming down the infeed pipe.
*The water then shuts off and I hear groaning noises from inside. When I have looked (by tricking the door latch) this seems to be the drain pump attempting to clear the sump.

Past this stage nothing happens. I think the machine gives up trying to drain so I guess this points to a pump fault or blockage.

With this in mind I checked the filters (no issues) and removed the impeller access cover and one way check valve on the left hand side of the pump which I am told is a common issue with these machines and where blockages commonly occur.

When pushed I find the impeller moves with some bounce resistance as would be expected from this kind of motor. I can find no obstruction though. I can find nothing in the sump that might cause a flow restriction.

When I run the cycle and inspect the water in the sump the impeller seems to be moving and there is water movement (heavy bubbling) in that area, but the water remains at the same volume.

If this is an outwards blockage where should I check next (i.e. where should the water flow from here) and is there any check valve/Autostop function on this machine that might prevent correct drainage?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back