Bosch Fridge Freezer kan60a45g - Water Dispenser not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch American Style Fridge Freezer Model kan60a45g. The water flow out of the built in dispenser has gone from perfectly fine to a tiny dribble, it was gradual and I assumed it was the filter needing to be replaced. However replacing the filter seemed to make it worse, so I replaced filter with the plug in order to remove it from the equation.

It still didn't work, so I went to the beginning of the flow and confirmed the pressure / flow into the "in pipe" was fine. I then checked flow to and from the filter unit, again fine. Down now to the inlet valve (I think it is called) and I checked all the valves worked here when required - they do. Next I checked the flow at the point of entering the water tank which sits in the fridge. It seems fine. I removed and flushed the tank and confirmed there are no problems with its flow when refitted.

So sadly it seems the problem is somewhere between the exit of the water tank and the outlet in the freezer door itself. Everything else is checked out.

I cannot see how the pipework runs from the fridge side into the freezer section and then up through the hinge of the freezer door.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I suppose I would remove and replace the pipe - it has to be blocked somewhere I guess? Could I blast with compressed air?

If anyone has experience of this issue, or knowledge of how to remove this last bit of pipe work then I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back