Bosch Fridge Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Bosch fridge-freezer that is about 7 years old (KGV2604-GB/02)

The door seals have started to split, and I have tried a couple of places to get replacement seals, but am told they are integral to the doors. It's going to cost about £200 to get both doors replaced, so this does not seem worth it.

Recently, a large area of ice has formed on the back wall of the fridge compartment, and the motor seems to be on continuously.

Does anyone know
a) is this because the door seals are split
b) is it because the thermostat is malfunctioning and not switching the motor off
c) if its the door seals, does anyone know of compatible seals rather than a complete door
d) is there any DIY repair that can be done to the seals

Thanks for any info

Geoff

Sponsored Links
you have all the ice because the door seals have "gone" so it is letting in warm air which is being condensed / frozen. it is a case of keep looking for new door seals

Hi,

If you want a set of doors for your fridge, contact me on We are in the process of getting rid of a fridge that has lost the thermostat and cannot be reliably repaired.

Nimmi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back