Bosch larder fridge - only working on full cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 yo Bosch larder fridge (single door) which suddenly stoppped cooling. I suspected a thermostat problem & switched the dial to "off", waited, and switched it back on. It now works when set to full (5). If I reduce the temp setting, it stops agian and I have to switch it off for a while (to warm up?) and then it will work again, albeit only at full power.

Thermostat problem?

The light/thermo cover has a retaining screw, but on removing, the cover won't come off easily.. Am I missing something?

Is this likely to be a standard VC1 type thermo? There is no sign of any surface mounted sensor cable inside the fridge..?

Many thanks for any help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Not sure about bosch, but the zannussi fridge light/thermostat cover slides & pulls off with firm pressure, after removing the screw, also the thermostat is operated like a thermocouple on a gas pilot light ie it has a very fine pipe rarther than a cable from the temp controller through to the back of the fridge. I think you will probably see better once you get the cover off

Thanks... Been doing some sliding & pulling but it seems to be connected to the side of the fridge where the light connects..

Looks like a specific BOSCH spare part by the sounds of it?

Thanks

Just a quick note some of these have two screws holding them on (one hidden under a cap)

Sponsored Links
Not particularly.. It's actually now working on med power, but as soon as you adjust the thermo, it switches the fridge pump off and you have to actually turn the knob to the "off" position for an hour or so before trying to switch the fridge on. You can then turn the dial on to a required temp..

Now the light won't go off :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back