Bosch Maxx 5 scared the life out of me, please advise asap!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I'm having a bad time right now.
This morning my Bosch Maxx 5, when on the spin cycle, made a noise loud enough to wake the dead!
My dog got from the kitchen to under my bed in less than a second!
It makes this noise constantly whilst spinning, attached video, and it seems that the inner drum is loose .............. or maybe it's meant to be.
It also left loads od bits in with the washing, attached pics, which are like lumps of stuff caused by hard water. I think they've come from where the rubber seal attaches to the drum, again, attached video.
The machine is 5 or 6 years old and I need to know whether or not it's financially worth repairing.
Speedy advice would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Slime.

P.S. I'm having trouble uploading the videos and pictures at the moment!

Sponsored Links
Can't really tell anything from the pics but if the inner drum is moving up & down inside the outer then it is probably bearings & possibly the spider. Expensive job I'm afraid, but only you can tell if it is worthwhile. Ask local bosch engineer for an estimate, but you'll probably have to pay a call out charge for that also.

Can't really tell anything from the pics but if the inner drum is moving up & down inside the outer then it is probably bearings & possibly the spider. Expensive job I'm afraid, but only you can tell if it is worthwhile. Ask local bosch engineer for an estimate, but you'll probably have to pay a call out charge for that also.

That's exactly what's happening. The inner drum feels extremely loose and I think that's what's causing all the limescale to be shaken loose.
The unit is six years old and I think it's time to replace ...................... but with what?
I'm possibly thinking Samsung.

Thanks for your help jj4091.

Slime.

Sponsored Links
The main drum bearings have collapsed at the rear, and I think those bits are pieces of spacer that exist between the two drums.
Not a bad repair, but only viable if you do the job yourself.
As for a replacement, the best is probably Miele but I go for the cheaper, basic makes like Hotpoint, and kick them out when they're done - usually about 10 years for me, but I'd settle for less.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back