Bosch microwave/oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new home and there is a built in Bosch microwave/oven wired into the cooker box, i also had to buy a new oven that is also in the unit under the microwave/oven, what i would like to know is can i unwire the microwave/oven from the cooker box and fit a 13amp plug and plug in to the socket on the cooker box and then wire the new oven in to the cooker box
the rating on the microwave/oven is 2.500w on the oven side and 35w on the microwave side the new oven is 2.900kw
Any help would be most welcolm

Sponsored Links
What size (CSA) is cable and what is the rating of the MCB at the consumer unit for this circuit?
Also is there anything else connected to the circuit?

There's two ways of looking at it.

If you utilise diversity, both ovens plus a 6kW hob would be OK on a suitably wired 30/ 32A circuit, including a socket outlet on the plate.

If you don't want to use diversity and your hob is gas, you could run both ovens from the same 30/ 32A circuit, assuming suitable CSA, as PBOD points out.

It has a 32amp MCB and a 6mm cable and nothing else running off it

Sponsored Links
You have 6.00mm cable, this cable can carry 47A providing no de-rating factors such as routed in thermal insulation or/and in trunking/conduit.
A 32A protective device, so that should be okay.
You have maximum full load current of 23.5A.
So no overload issues.
So can I assume that the cooker box is a cooker control unit, one with isolation switch and socket outlet like this

You say the oven is new, so what does the manufacturers instruction recommend you do with regards to the electrical installation of this oven?
If you are unsure, reply with the make and model or a link to the appliance.

Hi

The instalation booklet says for the oven ...Do not use 13amp plug or 13amp fuse, so it looks like it has to be wired in to the cooker box and the Microwave/oven can have a plug fitted and plug in to the socket on the cooker box, yes,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back