Bosch Pof1400 ACE router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would be the better option for an enthusiastic DIY'er. Buy a Bosch Pof1400 router and lash up a home made table or go for a Scheppach HF 50 router table combo?

Sponsored Links
What would be the better option for an enthusiastic DIY'er. Buy a Bosch Pof1400 router and lash up a home made table or go for a Scheppach HF 50 router table combo?

I dont know that equipment but home made router table's are fine make up your own feather boards and you'll be away with the mixer

A hand-held plunge router will allow you to tackle stuff that can't be done on a router table, e.g. profile round a table top (too big for a small router table), cut a mortise (impossible on a router table), cut dovetail joints (impossible on a router table), recess hardware into doors, etc. It all depends on what sort of work you are doing and the scale of it

Thanks for the replies! I get the feeling you are telling me to go with the Bosch and make a table which can be used of need be or even get another router to go into a table. Thanks again it has made me think about it a bit more clearly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies! I get the feeling you are telling me to go with the Bosch and make a table which can be used of need be or even get another router to go into a table. Thanks again it has made me think about it a bit more clearly.

If your going for the two router option,make the inverted one 1/2" to take the work load complemented with a 1/4" free hand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back