Bosch sander hook and loop has stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I splashed out 9 days ago for an expensive Bosch Pro detail sander as had/have lots of awkward sanding to do.

However today the hook and loop sanding pad will no longer grip the sheets. I've tried brushing it and even hoovering any excess dust up but it just won't grip.

Is this something I have done to damage it so quickly or is it a manufacturing fault?

I'll be taking it back to Screwfix tomorrow to see if I can exchange it but not sure if they will as it looks a bit beat up. :confused:

Sponsored Links
are they genuine bosch sanding sheets or more accurately do they have the same velcro
there are more than one velcro/hook and loop tape type the wrong ones wont hold

The pads wear out very quickly, the backing also often delaminates on the sand paper even if it's Bosch branded.
Have the same problem with Makita orbital, used 10 sheets of sandpaper and needs a new backing pad at £40+.

The pads wear out very quickly, the backing also often delaminates on the sand paper even if it's Bosch branded.
Have the same problem with Makita orbital, used 10 sheets of sandpaper and needs a new backing pad at £40+.

my ryobi random orbit is still going strong after at least 20 or 30 --40 or 60 grit disks :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
are they genuine bosch sanding sheets or more accurately do they have the same velcro
there are more than one velcro/hook and loop tape type the wrong ones wont hold

No they were Norton and/or Titan ones. They held for the first few days, although the Titan ones failed well before the grit, but then nothing would stick.

Fortunately Screwfix are replacing it. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back