Bosch serie 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys, I really need your help to sort out the problem which drive me crazy a few days. My wife keeps asking me to do every day :),
I bought a Bosch Serie 8 dryer, E-Nr: WTYH6790GB/17, Type: WDT66. It runs about 5 mins and stop with the lights coming up, " please empty condenser container".
I tried to clean the filter where collect all the dust from the clothes and turn on again, it happens again after 5-6 mins.
I am thinking that must be a sensor somewhere which i dont know or clean it, try many ways which i know and still stay the same problem.
Hope someone here can help me, I and my wife appreciate.
Many thanks

Attachments

• A3B8436D-19F1-4253-B5DB-C1A12A55B5C0.jpeg
    A3B8436D-19F1-4253-B5DB-C1A12A55B5C0.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 8845FE3C-D2A7-416B-9153-54082E340D14.jpeg
    8845FE3C-D2A7-416B-9153-54082E340D14.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
I tried to clean the filter where collect all the dust from the clothes and turn on again, it happens again after 5-6 mins.
I am thinking that must be a sensor somewhere which i dont know or clean it, try many ways which i know and still stay the same problem.
Hope someone here can help me, I and my wife appreciate.

It sounds like it is detecting poor airflow, which is probably the result of fluff build up. Best check and clean out the air flow passages.

thanks for your advice. I read page 19, but could not find anywhere in my dryer. at the back and font couldn't have it. I attached a photo below. thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You may need to delve in deeper. Classic ways of detecting air flow, are via a blown flap, or by heating an element up, checking it's resistance regularly to see what change there has been, then from that determining the cooling effect of the air flow.

Hi, I believe the container is behind the cover at the top left hand corner at the front of the machine.
Does this picture match your machine?
Follow the instructions on p21 to empty it.
...And your pictures show that the condensate pipe hasn't been plumbed into the waste - which means you will probably have to empty the drawer after every dry! Sorry!

Attachments

• MCSA01651720_WTYH6790GB_def.jpg
    MCSA01651720_WTYH6790GB_def.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hi, I believe the container is behind the cover at the top left hand corner at the front of the machine.
Does this picture match your machine?
Then follow the instructions on p21 to empty it.
hi, yeap, i did, this is the self condenser container. I always clean the and water out every time. ilI attached pic below. :(

Attachments

• BF77AF27-8CAB-4E70-A290-A7C7CD666B31.jpeg
    BF77AF27-8CAB-4E70-A290-A7C7CD666B31.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 119
When the machine stops working, is the container already full of water?
If it is, you may need to plumb it in (or, to experiment, put the condensate pipe into a large washing up bowl, and see if the error still occurs). Otherwise it could be an airflow problem, as Harry says?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back