Bosch Siemens Dishwasher - design life question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have a ten year old Bosch Siemens SE65T390GB integrated dishwasher that I would estimate has run for approx 3,500 wash cycles. It started to leak at the door seal which is an easy fix. I have started to research getting a new model in case it has reached a point of being unreliable or troublesome. This got me thinking as to what the design life is in terms of wash cycles. If it is used on average once per day, how many years should I reasonably expect it to last. It was not a cheap model but I do not know how this relates to main component quality.

The manufacturer will have this data but probably keep it confidential. Does any of the knowledgable among you have any idea what the design life in wash cycles should be on this type of machine?

Thanks and regards

Sponsored Links
Long enough for you to think it's reliable and short enough for you to have to replace regularly.

The deal with appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines and the like is that there are only two choices when buying.

The £200 or so models which will last 4 years or so, then when it breaks, you buy a new one.
Or the £1000 efforts which break just as often but people are compelled to have repaired at significant cost because they paid too much for it in the first place, leading to claims that it lasted for 20 years.

Anything between those prices is basically the £200 model dressed up a bit with a fancy name so that gullible types think they are getting some extra quality or similar.
They are all built down to a price, and none of them are designed to be repaired, or last a long time.

Sponsored Links
I find 10 years for a Bosch is quite common, maybe 20 but you'll want to replace it when it's old fashioned or shabby.

If times are hard you can pick up a used one from someone remodelling their kitchen, for nothing on freegle or a few pounds on ebay, if you are strong and have a hatchback, to save them the trouble of taking it to the tip.

I got about £5 each for my old dwr, fridge and freezer, and gave away the old cooker to a young lad whose dad helped him carry it to the car. All in GWO but I was updating. It's very common. BSH get plenty of repeat business from me without needing to engineer planned breakdowns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back