Bosch SRS45E42GB slimline - the infamous 1 minute problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This board has been really helpful.... except it's not fixed our blinkin' Bosch.

We had the 1 minute problem some time ago - got a repairman in, he pulled out the board and it miraculously started working again. Then of course a week or so later, it failed. We called him up and he advised buying a new machine (this is maybe five years old; he thought it was probably the control board).

After looking on this forum and elsewhere I replaced the heater relay on the control board (I couldn't see signs of burns on the circuit board); no difference. Cleaned out the water matrix and float switch etc of grease and limescale. Still the same problem. It never seems to heat up, and there seems to be only minimal water sprayed around.

On the water matrix there seems to be water pumping into the two left hand tubes (the larger ones) but no water moving thru the right hand section.

I could replace the NTC/thermostat. But is that throwing good money after bad? Can't really afford a new dishwasher, and worse still, can't stand the idea of this one in landfill.

Edit: I have found this thread which suggests I can pull the thermistor and test it. So I will try that. Any other thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Bosch.jpg
    Bosch.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Update: the more recent problem was probably that the machine simply needed a reset. Without it, there were a few clicks and water flowing through part of the matrix.

Hot water is working now, which it certainly wasn't before, and I"ve just got thru the first wash cycle with no problems.

For those looking for a fix, I found UK sources of the relay very expensive - I got four from aliexpress for £4 in the end.

EDIT: Fixed it. Machine has been working well for a couple of weeks now. Thanks to all those who helped me to the solution.

I replaced the heater relay, cleaned the water matrix, the float chamber, and the hose to the float chamber. I now follow the advice of those who suggest only using the Auto setting as the Eco and other colder setting seem to lead to greater buildup of fat etc.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back