Bosch VeroCafe TES50129RW coffee machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a new Bosch VeroCafe TES50129RW coffee machine on eBay a year ago, but it had been purchased retail some years before that, so it was out of warranty.

After cleaning and replacing the brewing unit, I must have somehow failed to return it to its correct configuration (or indeed to any configuration it could actually be in during the coffee making cycle), and the machine made a horrible repetitive clanking noise when I switched it back on. After some struggle, I was able to remove the brewing unit and move it into a correct configuration. Alas, I cannot now reinsert it into the machine as the rotating plastic part in the middle will not align with the corresponding part on the brewing unit, no matter which of three positions I choose. Is there any way that I can get the part on the base machine to move to a different position?

P1490075.JPG
P1490077.JPG P1490078.JPG P1490079.JPG P1490081.JPG
The photos show the inside of the base unit with the rotating part that the brewing unit needs to fit into, along with three possible positions for the corresponding part of the brewing unit. The fifth photo shows the brewing unit as it should fit back in – you have to imagine the brewing unit photos turned through 180 degrees to see how they do not align. I hope this all make sense!

Sponsored Links
Can you try and turn the part in the base unit?
Some long nose pliers may help.
If there is a gear train, there might be a good deal of resistance and clicking, but I can't see that there will be any more damage done than has been caused already?
Alternatively, is it possible to turn it on without the brewing unit attached?
The motor may reset itself to a suitable insertion position?
Otherwise a rebuild may be in order!

Edit:
An interesting thread from another forum:
https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/45...erocafe-lattepro-got-each-problems-with-both/
Apparently:
'I did some further work and discovered how you can blag the door switch. Something like a very thin nail file will do it. So I inspected the brewing unit as it operated'

I hope that helps? :)

Last edited:
Thank you, RandomGrinch.

I tried trying to turn the knob with needle-nosed pliers (and a rag to protect the plastic) clockwise and counter-clockwise, but no luck.

Before I read your edited reply, I did try a few ideas to trick it into thinking that the brewing unit was properly in place (and that this might encourage it to reset), rather than about 15mm shy of that due to not connecting with the rotating knob in the middle. Again, no luck.

I did get it for a very good price on ebay (local pick-up), so might put it back on ebay. With the issue fully disclosed, of course! The Bosch website shows that they can send out an engineer for £120 + parts, but you have to pay the 120 even if they cannot fix it. Sounds like an expensive gamble. Perhaps if there is no interest on ebay, I might try to take it apart (looks difficult), and try to fix it.

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry to hear that.
I've had another trawl of the interweb and found this video about resetting a different coffee machine.
If this is anything like yours, the trick may be to fool it into thinking it has the brewing unit installed and let it do its power on initialisation.
Did you manage to bypass the interlock when you had a play?
Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back