Hoover Dryer Deluxe - not spinning

ZAV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My tumble dryer is not spinning. This happened after we moved the unit to a new position.

The barrel was touching the side walls and managed to pry them apart.

The motor is working but it's not gripping the belt.

When I manually rotate the fan in the opposite direction the barrel moves, however when the fan is rotated the spin direction then the barrel does not move.

Is the barrel out of position or the belt is slack and if so how do I fix it. At the back of the motor I see a pulley, the shaft of the motor and a spring to the base of the unit.

Please help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Slipping belts are usually due to them stretching a little. Slacken off the bolt holding the motor, push down on the motor to increase belt tension and tighten up the bolt.

It sounds like you have a drum bearing problem if the drum was rubbing on the side. You will need to remove the drum to assess which parts are worn but you may end up buying a new machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back