Hoover Performa 1100 Drive Belt slips off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to repair a friend's Hoover Performa 1100 washer/dryer. The main drive belt will not stay on the drum pulley. It slips off the edge nearer to the drum (i.e. the edge away from you when working from the back of the machine), even when just pushing the drum round by hand. The bearings on both the drum and motor feel OK, the belt doesn't look particularly worn and I've tried using several positions on the lower, motor pulley. The drum pulley is slightly tapered with the larger diameter at the drum edge, but it's not much of a taper.

Is there any alignment adjuster on the motor, or is there another known fault on this model?

Thank you in anticipation

Sponsored Links
this is usually play on bearings or worn drum shaft which causes the pulley to run slightly off the perpendicular which will drop the belt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back