BOSCH WAE24467UK/12 F63 / F21 ERROR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, had my washing machine for some time- served me well. So trying to pay it back and get it back to life.

I was washing a normal load this morning and then it stopped with F21 error and unlocked the door. Clothes have not been through the spin cycle - so still soaked.
I tried the reset procedure - turning the selector from OFF to 6 o'clock, then pressing and holding the "RPM" button, but nothing changed.

I opened the filter in the bottom left and drained some water - more than usual when cleaning the filter. when I powered it on - now it shows a flashing F63 error. Tried the above reset procedure, but still no luck.

How can I troubleshoot this?
What do these errors mean? What is normally the cause other than age?

This forum has been very helpful over the last 15 years - managed to repair this same washing machine and a couple of dishwashers :)

Attachments

• IMG20240515213851.jpg
    IMG20240515213851.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG20240515213905.jpg
    IMG20240515213905.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thanks guys.

I'm still struggling to find clear instructions on how to change the motor brushes. Could you please suggest instructions?

If you can get at it, blow out or wipe off any carbon dust from the brushes that has built up on the commutator ( the segmented copper section that the brushes run against ). You shouldn't need to grease anything and unless the belt shows physical signs of damage it should not need replacing as you should be able to tension it if it has stretched. If there is a drain pump filter you could clean that out but it should be done regularly anyway.

how do I check if the dampers are still good? I can see lots of grease on the springs and at the bottom of the dampers.

how do I check if the dampers are still good? I can see lots of grease on the springs and at the bottom of the dampers.
I think that will be just to lube the shafts as they pass through the mountings, nothing to be worried about. If you press the drum down on one side then the other it should rise back smoothly. Photos might be helpful if you have concerns.

second question: after changing the brushes last night it sounds a bit noisy when turning - louder than before. Could it be that the brushes are low quality?
it's a "whirling " - like brushes scraping on the commutator too much, and it's louder when turning clockwise ... I did use the vacuum to pickup most of the carbon dust - it was everywhere.
Or maybe I've not tightened the motor bolts enough or too much?

Last edited:
second question: after changing the brushes last night it sounds a bit noisy when turning - louder than before. Could it be that the brushes are low quality?
it's a "whirling " - like brushes scraping on the commutator too much, and it's louder when turning clockwise ... I did use the vacuum to pickup most of the carbon dust - it was everywhere.

Making a slightly different noise rotating one way, versus the other, is quite normal. Of more concern would be lots of sparking. Hopefully, you fitted the brushes, so the face angle of the brush, closely matched that of the commutator?

So are you saying it is working ok but just a bit noisier than it was. It may just be that the new brushes are bedding in. Leave it for a few washes and see if it improves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back