Bosch washer - door stuck closed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

The door to my Logix 8 (WAS32466GB/03) cracked around the hinge such that it was hanging off. No problem, I ordered the parts, went back together no problem, back on the machine no problem. Tested the latch, seems to be working. Close the door... and it wont open. Either the latch is not moving enough or the handle was only just moving the latch when I tested it, and has now given up the ghost.

Any way to get the door open from the outside? I have tried from every direction and I dont think I can do it that way, unless there is a manual release which I can't find.

If not, how can I release it from the inside? I popped the lid off and can just get my fingers onto the interlock but can't figure out how to release it. Do I actually need to remove it? And if so what is the best approach?

Thanks

A very frustrated Paul!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the door lock has activated. Get the machine to unlock it for you i.e. select the shortest program which is Drain and runs for just 1 minute and listen for the door to unlock (the load click) when the program is finished.
Let me know if this does the trick.

Afraid not, sounds like it is probably an incorrect installation then.

Sponsored Links
It is fitted incorrectly.
About the only way to get it open now is to use a strong piece of twine, fishing line, wire, etc. Put it between the door & door opening most of the way around then pull both ends towards the door hinge. If you are lucky you'll snag the latch & disengage it.

Thanks!

Struggling to visualise this a bit. Is the aim to get the wire to go 'through' the seal and over the bulge of the door glass?

No....
Get a metre of twine or similar. Starting at the lock side put it between the door & frame, then draw both ends in opposite directions until you get past 12 o'clock & 6 o'clock with each end. Then pull both ends equally hard towards the door hinge. The idea is to snag the latch arm & release it that way.

I am being even slower than normal...

I've tried this for about 15 minutes with no luck. Then I glance at the old door and notice that the catch springs towards the hinge, and therefore needs to be moved away from the hinge to open. I hink my string approach, which i think did connect with the latch due to the angle of the string, would be pullng the latch towards the hinge, so tighter shut. What am i missing?

Cheers

Ok...if you say the latch definitely releases L to R & you can't loop a wire on the inside to pull the opposite way then your only option is to take off the lid, roll up your sleeves & release it from the inside. You may get more room to work by getting someone to help you by pushing the drum back (or wedging a piece of wood in there).

On the front bottom right is the pump housing cover. Open this, it hinges downward and can then be pulled off the machine completely. Inside there on the right hand side you should see a red tag hanging down. This is the emergency door release tag and needs to be pulled down (pliers needed), page 13 of the users manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back