Bosch Washing Machine Classix 1200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My washing machine wont pump out...Im sure there is probably something stuck in the catcher at the bottom of the machine, but it is so stuck I cant turn it to pull out....is there any other way in?...should I call it a day, or get someone in to dismantle it?

Too many girls in the house and I need a solution fairly quickly!!
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
is it like mine?

View media item 1636
The pump filter had not been taken out for a long time, and it jammed. I eventually got it out using a mole wrench to grip the plastic rib, but in doing so I broke it. I bought a replacement filter, from the Bosch appliances spare parts website. In your position I would buy a new one first in case the old one gets damaged during removal. It only cost about £5 so no big deal. http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service/spare-parts-accessories.html

With more thought, it would probably be possible to make up some wide-jawed tool that could grip the cap without breaking it.

I smeared silicone grease on the mating parts of the housing and new filter before reassembly, it is quite difficult to find outside a plumbers merchant.

The little black hose by the filter is for draining out residual water so it doesn't gush out when you unscrew the filter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back