Bosch washing machine Classixx7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our machine trips the house breaker not the mcb. Have checked the plug and cable, both good. I read that most of this type of trip is the Interference capacitor or the heating element having an earth fault that trips the breaker.
I will check the heating element but does anyone know if it's at the back or front of the machine? Or any other pointers that I should look at.

Sponsored Links
when you plug it in and turn it on, how long before the breaker trips?

so that's before the heater has started. Mine doesn't even open the electric water valves to fill for a couple of seconds after pressing Start. Immediate would be the control panel and buttons, and maybe the door lock. Or it could be rodent-gnawed insulation on wires, or a wire worn away by rubbing on a moving part.

The heater is turned on after it has filled with water and churned around a bit on the motor. The motor spreads conductive black carbon dust around as the brushes wear down, but I'd expect all electrical connections to be protected with shrouds. A small brush and a hoover hose will remove most of it as dry dust. If you wet wipe it, it sticks and stains.

Are there any signs underneath of a leak?

Take the top off and have a look.

Sponsored Links
No signs of any water leak with the top off. Have pulled the machine out and alls dry on the floor. Didn't think about the door lock. I can see me slowly striping the machine down and checking for any cable damage due to rubbing.

attach your multimeter to the plug prongs, and observe what happens when you disconnect various parts. It will be easiest if they have spade connectors or plugs.

start with the main supply lead to control panel.

Ok, well it's fixed now. It was the Interference capacitor. Very easy to remove and replace and at about £20 + delivery not bad at all.
Thanks again JohnD for taking an interest and offering advice.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back