Bosch washing machine fill level query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, can you advise me on the fill level for this machine?

I have a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine product WFO2467GB/15.

My wife tells me that our machine is not filling to the level it used to. This may have developed over the last 3 years as the quality of the wash has gradually deteriorated. So I am now on the case!.

I have checked the cold water input pipe and the filter at both ends is clear. The manual does not state what the water level should be. I have run 2 different cycle tests with the machine empty. In the first test the water filled to just over the first line of drum holes. The second test filled to just under. The water does not cover the drum paddle at its lowest point. The visible depth is about 4cm (1.5""). My wife thinks the level used to be much higher, maybe about 15cm (6").

Before I start taking the machine apart, can anyone confirm what the correct depth ought to be?

Also, I would like to know if our low cold water water input pressure could be causing a problem filling. I would have expected the water level regulator switch to kick in only when the right level was sensed, even if the fill rate was slow.

Sponsored Links
I have done some more online research and found a technical manual for a later Classixx 5 model.

This states that the fill level should be 26-36 mm so I am happy that my level is also correct.

I also found a similiar question to mine on MumsNet and several responses stated there was only about an inch of water visible. So more confirmation.

The technical manual also states that a minimum pressure of 1 Bar is required but as my level appears to be correct then my low water pressure is probably not an issue. I will therefore look for other reasons why my wife thinks the quality of wash has deteriorated. Perhaps overloading or wrong additives.

Finally, I would appreciate a link to a PDF service manual for my Bosch Classixx 1200 Express model wfo2467gb if anybody can provide one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back