Bosch Washing Machine - programme repeating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - hope you can help?
I have a Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express about 5 years old. I usually run a 40degree cotton programme but I think this happens with other programmes too. Basically the programme runs without problem nearly to the end, but then seems to repeat the rinse part of the cycle, adding on another 40 minutes to the time, after which it finishes as normal. No error codes are showing or any other signs of a problem. We had the element replaced about a year ago after it shortcircuted due to limescale build up. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you post the model number and FD number it might be possible to get a program breakdown for the machine.

dont take this the wrong way but is there a "rinse plus button"?

plenty of the Bosch machines haev this as an option and if selected will add the time on

I thought my Indesit was getting stuck repeatedly draining/spinning/filling again towards the end of the cycle (see my recent thread about Indesit) but I have no idea how many times it should be doing this. Does anyone? I would say mine did at least 6 rinses (probably more) over about an hour. That was just a standard 40 degree wash.

To my knowledge only cold water is used to rinse, with no heating.

Sponsored Links
the model is WFX2467GB/09 and FD 8410600928

thanks for the rinse plus suggestion! - I normally run the programme with the rinse plus button pressed which takes the programme time to 1hour 20mins. But since the problem started the programme takes well over 2 hours to complete and when I've watched the timer it begins by showing the usual amount of time and counts down normally to within a few minutes of finishing and then suddenly jumps back to around 40 minutes of time remaining which it then proceeds to count down again to the end - during this extra time it appears to continue rinsing and spinning as 'normal'.

Does the water get hot?

Cycle times will lengthen if there is a problem heating.

Try the machine on a cold wash to see if it completes.

Also try the equivalent program on the other side of the dial ie 40
cotton or 40 mixed/delicate.

you could have a problem with the pcb brain..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back