Bosch Washing Machine Won't Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We Have a WAA20160GB Washing Machine that still won't drain . The drain pump Impeller had a Bra stiffener ( I know I didn't know these existed either ) stuck in it and had worn free of the shaft. I have re united the two with some araldite and it turns and runs freely . I have re installled everthing , pipes are free in an out but it won't finish the cycle and move into spin .

I read in one of the many posts here of a pressure sensor or pipe that detects water levels in the drum , any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
More than likely your pump is history. A repair is unlikely to be successful. The impellor should rotate freely part way then encounter magnetic resistance before it flips over. This should happen about every quarter turn. If the impellor is stiff to turn, or rotates without magnetic resistance throw it away & buy a new pump.

many thanks for the input Zipper , I will indeed order up a new pump but for now and this weekend the mend on the impeller seems to be holding .

I located a tube that connects the drum to a sensor switch and I blew down this which seems to have cleared the problem , machine now running great and tonights SALSA shirts are getting washed !

Sponsored Links
Sometimes the tube (or pressure chamber below it) can get blocked & the pressostat gets a false signal. So you have done some great detective work there :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back