Bosch washing mc wandering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just received delivery of Bosch WIS24140GB integrated washing machine. Have plumbed it in. Though I did not turn its legs, but the spirit level looks ok. However, as soon as it goes into spin cycle (1200), it starts viberating badly and starts wandering around the kitchen. Is there a way to secure the machine. The instruction manual talks about 'wmz 2200', but that is just a securing nut. Does anyone has experience of using it.

Sponsored Links
have you removed the transit bolts at the rear of mc

have you removed the transit bolts at the rear of mc

No.. I loosened the bolts to get the cables free. After that I tightened the bolts back. The installation guide mentioned that I should replace it with the 'covers' and store the transit bolts away. Does this matter? I thought it might be safer to leave the transit bolts on the back rather than loose them in the loft. pl advice

The transit bolts are there for 'TRANSIT ONLY' they prevent the tub from moving and getting damaged 'IN TRANSIT'

Leaving the bolts in can cause all sorts of problems follow the installation instructions fully or you will have a pile of scrap and 'NO WARRANTY' if you want to keep the bolts with the machine tape them and the plastic spacers to the back of the machine in a bag or put them under your sink

But remove them from the machine

Sponsored Links
Thanks rocks1 and Leccy758, I took the transit bolts off and put the plastic spacers. Also had a (very) minor levelling done. Ran a dummy (empty) run of the machine, and it works like a proper Bosch should. Bless it. Will do a proper load run of the machine over the weekend and will come back to report.
Thanks for the advice.

did a couple of wash loads, and it is a thing of beauty even at the 1200 speed. Not much viberation or noise.

You guys are life savers. Have a nice Easter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back