Bosch Washing Washing-RCCB tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,new to this but hey i think its fab,so many helpfull people in the world,thanks all.....anyways my Rccb kept tripping out and i located to the washing washine being the cause,the machine has 2 earth wires on casing,1 from plug (connected to casing)and 1 going from motor via drum which is then connected to machine casing,i found that the wire from motor was live so i disconnected this earth from the casing and it worked fine but as soon as i re connected it the rccb tripped,could anyone please advise me on what the cause of problem is likely to be and also is it safe running without the 2nd earth....oh i just remembered,if i put machine on its side the earth does not read live,strange i know but hey someone out there might be able to help ...thanks

Sponsored Links
you dont really want me to tell you what you already know do you? (in respect of the earth wire)

You have also answered your own question

if i put machine on its side the earth does not read live

its some thing that moves when you move the m/c

i suggest you clean the motor, poke a vacuum cleaner at it, and a clean paint brush too, and obviously do this while the m/c is UNPLUGGED

you dont really want me to tell you what you already know do you? (in respect of the earth wire)

You have also answered your own question

if i put machine on its side the earth does not read live

its some thing that moves when you move the m/c

i suggest you clean the motor, poke a vacuum cleaner at it, and a clean paint brush too, and obviously do this while the m/c is UNPLUGGED
hia breezer,ok i will try that later on today,thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi breezer,i tried vacuuming motor and cleaning as u mentioned,but hey guess what the motor casing reads live,even when i tip machine on side or any other wayis ther any chance the motor could be on its way out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back